The Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales was founded in 1812 by Bernardino Rivadavia (who became the first president
of the Argentine Republic in 1826). The full name of the museum is, in fact, Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales
“Bernardino Rivadavia”. The building in which it is now housed was erected in 1937. According to the
MACN’s site, only one-third of the original project was completed.
One director of the museum was the great Argentinean paleontologist
Florentino Ameghino. As might be expected, the MACN’s
dinosaur hall is named after him. To see the skeletons, click on the museum’s picture.